Monday, June 19, 2017

Coffee Quaker - update #5 (finished!)

All done! I finished this up on Saturday, despite having a bit of a cold. :)



You'll have to pretend it's not crooked, haha.

By the time I got halfway through the pattern, I stopped using the "conversion" I'd written down (replacing each symbol with a similar color from my stash) and I started to wing it, choosing colors by eye when comparing to the cover photo. And also making sure there wasn't too much or too little of any one color, both overall and near each other. 

Still, the only major changes are making the beans and harvesting forks in the top right motif green (instead of yet another brown) and using darker browns in the starry motif in the middle of the right edge. Everything else is pretty close to what I'd chosen with a few tweaks to keep all the colors balanced as noted before. :)

So what's next? I've gone back to Cirque des Carreaux for now - no update pic, sorry! I think I'll make that my project for this week and see how well it goes. I'm tempted to go for a new start, but I've promised myself that I'll finish two projects for every one I start. Since I have a few "easy" projects on the go right now, I think I can stick to that for at least a little while!

And no, I haven't forgotten about the pile of fabric, but we've been decluttering the entire house and I'm super busy with prepping other stuff to sell, so... fabric has to wait a bit longer. :3

8 comments:

  1. Great finish! I'm seriously thinking that I need to stitch this for my daughter. She can't start her day without her cuppa, even though I'm not a fan of coffee whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the finish, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finish. Your chosen colours work really well together. And well done on not starting another new piece just yet. Your positivity is continuing to shine through! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful finish! The colours work really well. Good luck with the decluttering!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous finish! I think the blend of colours you've chosen is perfect. You obviously have a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a lovely finish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish! The colours you chose work really well together....it looks wonderful. Good luck with the decluttering :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your colours. Sometimes winging it is the best way to go. The colours can look different in the skeins to on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)