Saturday, February 04, 2017

Summer Quakers - update #8

It hasn't been long since the last update, I know, but I feel like I've made some pretty good progress! Plus it was time to move the qsnaps, so I was able to get a full progress shot. :)


At this point, I have about two pages left, but they are the larger full pages, so there's still a lot of work to be done. I wonder how fast I can go. :3

Speaking of speed, the Lowery stand has been great so far! I really love being able to stitch two handed without contorting my body to hold the qsnap. I may end up wanting the longer L-arm eventually, because my couch has a wide arm and I suspect it will be difficult to stitch the areas nearest the clamp, but for this particular project, I've only been working on parts away from the clamp. Once I switch to another project, I'll quickly see if I really need that longer arm or not...

Of course, no shopping at all this month, no matter what. Staying strong. :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice progress! I've noticed that with my stand as well, the parts closer to the clamp are a little annoying to stitch, but still possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'll see how it goes with my stand. I do suspect it will be kind of tough to stitch near the clamp, simply because my couch has a really fat/padded arm, and I'm not sure how I can move MY arm around near it. :)

      Delete
  2. Great progress! I hadn't realized how big the pattern was until you took your progress pic!

    I always stitch with Qsnaps or hoops. Perhaps one day I'll move on to frames to stitch on....save my wrists. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)