Sunday, April 01, 2012

April goals & Chatelaine progress!

Whoops, I keep forgettting to post goals!  Oh well, I guess it's okay... just start over again. :)

Goals for April:
- finish my nephew's birth sampler
- finish parts 1 and 2 of Octopus Treasure Cave
- finish part 2 of Spring Knotgarden

And here are some pictures!  I really wish I could capture the true look of these pieces with my camera, but the colors are always terrible and nothing looks right.  I know everyone says this, but you really MUST see these in person to know what they truly look like!  I guess that's how I managed to avoid the Chatelaine bug for so long, because even the most beautiful photos aren't quite enough.

But I tried anyway!  Here we go. :)

Spring Knotgarden:

 Octopus Treasure Cave:

There are two more jellyfish for part two of OTC, and the rest of the beading on the outside of the border for part one.  I'm pretty sure part one will take a LOT longer than part two... but it's amazingly shiny, so I don't mind spending the time!

...I took a scan, which shows the colors more accurately, but it's blurry because my scanner doesn't like things that aren't perfectly flat.  And there's lots of beads making this not perfectly flat!


Next time I'll have a picture of the birth sampler... should be finished soon as it's quite small, but cute!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Rahenna,
    I really like the combination of beautifull colours, special stitches, beads etc ... but that's what Chatelaines are all about no?
    I can see that you're having a blast!
    Kind greetings,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! loving OTC! i really almost caved on this one...as a companion to Deep Blue Sea...and your stitching is killing me it's so pretty! love seeing your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on OTC! I love the fabric you chose for it, and I can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is BEYOND beautiful! If it's even more beautiful in person, seeing it might make my brain explode.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful WiPs, Rahenna! Your Octopus Treasure Cave especially looks divine.

    Hugs,
    Veronica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU ARE DOING A BEAUTIFUL JOB, KEEP IT UP!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)