Saturday, August 06, 2011

planning for post-RR stitchy life!

Been working on RRs so long that it's hard to remember what was going on before I started them! Now, don't get me wrong, round robins are excellent and I've loved having the chance to work on so many things without the responsiblity of finishing them (heh heh heh) but I'm glad that the end is drawing near so I can devote some quality time to my own projects too.

Here's what I have in the works!
- Tree of Hope (Mirabilia)
- Titania (Mirabilia)
- Garden Party (Country Cottage Needleworks)
- Cirque des Cercles (Ink Circles)
- Angel Procession (Teresa Wentzler) - lots of progress thanks to the RRs! :D
- Dragonfly Pond (Dimensions kit)
- small bird project (Dimensions kit)

I'm going after Garden Party as my next finish as it's pretty small and I'm already around 65% done. From there, I'll probably tackle the small Dimensions kit since... it's small. :p

After that, who knows? Titania has been lingering for years, and Angel Procession is my oldest WIP. I made a huge dent in Tree of Hope after just a couple of weeks, though, so I might keep on that since I love the design. Cirque needs some love too! And Dragonfly Pond has so little done that I'm just going to frog the entire thing since I'm swapping out the metallic threads anyway.

Other things I wanted to start soon...
- Woodland Faerie (Teresa Wentzler)
- Bluebeard's Princess (Mirabilia)
- South Seas Mermaid (Mirabilia)
- old world map w/mermaids (magazine design)
- Flowers and Lace (Dimensions kit)

I LIKE MERMAIDS OKAY?

Stash levels are reaching critical mass as well. I ordered 9 FQs from Picture This Plus during their July sale, and just today ordered about 10 FQs from Silkweaver (I had a 30% off coupon, what did you expect?) and then 8 FQs from Polstitches to finish setting the budget on fire. And now that I think of it, I forgot to order a grab bag.

So. I think that'll have to be it for the year! In my defense, I've been selling a lot of random junk on eBay recently and most of the money came from those sales, so it's not as bad as it sounds. :3

Anyway, thinking of doing a giveaway soon! What kind of stuff is good for that? I have a few FQs from Silkweaver that I've pulled out of my stash because I'll never use them... one of those would be a nice gift, wouldn't it? Also sorted the DMC (in drawers, even!) and have a bunch leftover. Might be a nice option for someone overseas where it costs a ton!

Okay, too much rambling and no pictures so I'll zip it now!

1 comment:

  1. Ooo, I've been watching the RR's progressing on the RR BB... One day I might be brave enough to get involved in one!

    Would love to see a pic of the old world map you've got in your list...

    Have fun getting back into your own list of WIP's :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)