Friday, October 20, 2017

I'm not perfect...

Mistakes were made.


I know, I know. After dealing with the Great Fabric Purge of 2017, why on earth am I bringing in MORE fabric? I'm going to be honest, I had a moment of weakness. I found a new-to-me dyer who had some fabulous vibrant colors I haven't seen elsewhere, including the beautiful green in the bottom left. It's exactly the color I've had in mind for Prosperity Fae by Passione Ricamo, and I haven't found a rich "pure" green like this with other dyers I like.

Okay, but why did I need seven other pieces? I can't really answer that, except to say I'm a fallible person who makes mistakes sometimes.

Only one of the seven other fabrics was purchased with a specific pattern in mind. I have an idea for one more of them. But that leaves five fabrics that are just stash items right now.

I like these fabrics. They're beautiful.
I didn't need them.

But that's okay. I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Instead, I'm going to remember that I have wonderful things already and it's important to appreciate them. Which means... I need to stitch faster! Can't have all this potential going to waste, right?

~~~

On a more positive note, I've been doing a pretty good job of paring down my stash aside from this one slip. More fabric has gone out than has come in, and a bunch of charts have found new homes. And I've had some finishes so things have been used up the "right" way, too. :p

One thing I'm starting to realize is that even after cutting down to only the things I genuinely like and want to stitch, it's still too much. There's no way I can realistically stitch ALL of my charts and kits, even if I never buy another thing again.

For now, I'm going to sit on this idea. Nothing is busting out of the designated storage space, and I'd rather focus on selling and/or donating the items I don't want first, instead of adding more to the pile. But once that stuff is gone, it'll be time for another pass through my stash, I think...

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful stash of gorgeous fabrics!!! I certainly don't blame you for this little blip.... May I ask who are they from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, I was trying not to be a terrible enabler, but since you asked... they're from Fiberlicious. :)

      Delete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)