Tuesday, June 09, 2015

long time no post!

Oops, I keep forgetting to update here! I'm not stitching as much as I'd like, but progress is being made. I finished up a square on the Mira round robin, and I already have the next piece in hand and waiting to be stitched on.

I added a part of Fairy Idyll to Paula's RR:


Angel Procession has been ridiculously slow due to massive frogging. I think I'm done with that for now, though I wonder if I'll regret not completely frogging the first angel. There are still a ton of awful knots on the back (I can't cut them, the thread is somehow not tucked under anything else so if the knots go, everything will unravel) and I'm not happy that I did 3/4 stitches right next to 1/4 stitches, instead of doing everything as 1/4 stitches... which would be much easier to backstitch.


Anyway, here's how it looks right now. I redid all the skin, the cuffs, the hair, the wings, the bells, and even the shoe and the shadow at the bottom! I don't want to do a halfway job on anything, but part of me wonders if leaving some imperfections would be a nice way to show how I've progressed?

I dunno. Maybe I'll be sitting there with the seam ripper again in a few weeks.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you - the Idyll bit looks lovely & was probably a fast easy stitch break for you in the midst of AP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a lot of patience to undo and redo so much on AP! I would say leaving it does show how you've leveled up but if it's gonna bug you to no end, then better to redo~ :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely RR square - very pretty.
    I would have to frog it if it was bugging me, but I do like the idea of showing how far you have come as a stitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The RR square is interesting, what's her theme?
    With Angel Procession I would show someone else and ask them to spot which bits are the older stitching. If they can't see from the front then I would leave them as they are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming along beauitfull. Love how you guys do these RR's.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)