Monday, January 26, 2015

slow mermaid progress...

Blah, I feel like I'm not getting anywhere, but I've done more than pictured. The bottom border is done, mostly, though I didn't continue it all the way up the left side to where the seahorse ornament will eventually be. But I did get all the water down there finished, which is the bulk of the stitching.

This is where she is now, but since I'm still stitching, this is an on-the-snap shot:


Yes, it's horribly blurry, but I don't like using the flash (which seems to make the picture clear no matter what) because it makes the colors way off.

So, working on the seahorse (one last thread to add in the "wing") and then I'll do the compass point to the right of it. And maybe up the border again? I may go back to the other side and do the seahorse there too, since I'm not mentally prepared for over-one skin yet, haha.

7 comments:

  1. It's looking colorful and pretty!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't like the orange at first, but it's really grown on me. :D

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful, I just love the colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are fantastic, especially with that fabric. Which I'm still drooling over. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The fabric is "lady of the lake" from Hand Dyed Fabrics by Stephanie. :)

      Delete

  4. good weekend!
    ★  *  ★ ★* * ☆  ★ ★* *★

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing this wip of yours! The colours in her tail are just mesmerising. Beautiful stitching stunner
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)