Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I lied :p

I didn't work on Octopus Treasure Cave at all this weekend... 
I started Spring Knotgarden instead. :p

Part one is nearly complete - just some more beads to do, plus the flowers in the corners (you can see the stems for the first bunch in the upper left).  The picture is terrible, it seems like it's impossible to capture the look of these designs in a photo!  It's MUCH prettier in real life and VERY sparkly!


I thought this was going to be a super-fast stitch (part one, anyway!) but there's a lot of detail in a small space, so this is about three days of work already.  Still, I'll be on to part two before the weekend... but that part's huuuuge.  And gorgeous!

By the way, the magazine offers from the UK turned out to be legit!  I sent in the subscription request for both without prepaying, and as of today I've received sample issues for both.  Now I have to decide if I really want to get them... they're expensive, but so much better than the outdated garbage that's filled 90% of JCS recently.  I know that sounds mean, but the last few issues of JCS haven't had a single design I'd actually stitch!

Enough rambling, time to relax. :D

8 comments:

  1. Rahenna, SK is beautiful. Love that flower in the corner... it' so delicate. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful work. Congrats on your progress.

    P.S. I feel your annoyance on JCS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how could you resist with these pretty, Spring-y colors?? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for an absolutely gorgeous new start! I want to stitch this one too some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful new start! Love it! I've just given you a Liebster award! Check my blog for the details...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so pretty. Looking forward to seeing it grow

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh very nice, cant wait to see more progress on this one..

    I gave you a liebster award :) http://shazzump.blogspot.com/2012/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)