Saturday, September 18, 2010

finishes & RR progress!

Finished my JBW star ornament from the JCS issue yesterday. It's a cute little guy and was very quick to stitch. I modified the pattern a bit because it wasn't completely symmetrical for some strange reason, and I'm totally anal about stuff like that. :p


click here for full size! :D


Got in some good progress on Measi's Magical Night (Teresa Wentzler) for the first round robin! I finished the moon, added the swirls on the sleigh, and filled in some other areas, mostly around the swirls and the gold below. Also did some backstitching. I'm not done yet - still have about a month to go with this one - but I thought I'd take a scan now so I can see how I progress over the next few weeks. :3


click here for full size! :D


And my girlfriend finished her Mermaids (Country Cottage Needleworks) project today as well! It's really cute with all the specialty threads. I was hoping we could frame it right away, but the frame we have is too tall even though it's the right width. Poop. Now it has to go in the box with the growing stack of finished pieces. Oh well, now we'll be able to get it framed in white as shown on the chart...


click here for full size! :D

1 comment:

  1. Both the ornie and Magical Night look great.
    Your friend's finish is very cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! If you have a blog, leave me a link so I can follow you. :)